Here’s this week’s news in Data Science and Big Data.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you find this useful!
Interesting Data Science Articles and News
- IBM Watson Analytics for social media analysis – Social media analysis is the new add on to Watson Analytics. Explore the five components of Watson Analytics: Explore, Predict, Assemble, Social Media, and Refine.
- TensorFlow for Poets – Learn how to build an image classifier using Tenserflow. No coding necessary!
- The Machine Learning Problem of The Next Decade –Figuring out how to best use an 80% accurate machine learning algorithm could be the next big challenge and opportunity of the decade.
- Google’s Computers Are Making Thousands as Artists –The “DeepDream: The art of neural networks” artificial intelligence art show in San Francisco raised thousands for charity.
- Analyzing the Language of the Presidential Debates – What happens when you apply natural language processing to the words spoken by the presidential candidates during debates? Insights that were previously unapparent begin to reveal themselves.
- Google Unveils Neural Network with “Superhuman” Ability to Determine the Location of Almost Any Image – Learn how, Google computer vision specialist, Weyand, trained a deep-learning machine to identify the location of a photo using the photo’s pixels.
- Drones and the Internet of Things in the cybersecurity equation – The rapidly increasing prevalence of drones illustrates the challenges brought to cybersecurity and privacy due to our increasing advancement in technology innovation.
- 4 Easy Steps to Structure Highly Unstructured Big Data, via Automated Indexation – Make sense of your big data by learning how the algorithm for an indexer.
- 19 Worst Mistakes at Data Science Job Interviews – This list includes some of the best advice for getting a data science job.
- A Culture of Analytics: Why Amazon & Netflix Succeed While Others Fail – Learn about the four key considerations that allow some big data companies to succeed while others fail.
- Bio-computer uses less energy, runs cooler and is more efficient – Researchers have built a biological supercomputer using nanotechnology and proteins.
- Shot-Detection Tech Reduces Gunfire in San Francisco by 35 Percent – New shot-detection technology, ShotSpotter detectors placed around cities which notify the police, is reducing the number of gunshots in San Francisco.
- Human centered analytics – For optimal results, solve data analytics and engineering problems using a human centered analytics process.
- Interactive Map: Hong-Kong through The Lense of Instagram – InData Labs introduces interactive map of Hong Kong that visualizes the Instagram activity. The map shows who posts from where and by doing so tells a story about Hong Kong.
Upcoming & Recent Data Science Events
- Internet of Things Summit – Learn from leaders in the internet of things in San Francisco on April 21-22,2016.
- Data Visualization Summit – Come network with and hear from leaders in data visualization in San Francisco on April 21-22,2016.
- Introduction to Watson Analytics – On March 15 in Toronto, learn to use Watson Analytics to find answers in your own data.
- Data Science Methodology+Classification – Come and learn about the step by step data science methodology from start to end on March 29th in Toronto.
- Data Science & Data Engineering Bootcamp
Seattle – Learn data science and data engineering from Data Science Dojo in Redmund March 28 – April 1, 2016.